Friday, April 17, 2009

Brooke Weigh-in and "in the dark week"

As Lacey said "Long time no blog"...so, I am here now! I had a horrible weigh-in the day after my b-day and I was upset! I did "everything right" well, except that trip to Cold-Stone on my b-day but I worked hard on my points and exercise and planned for the trip.

I was so stressed out from wanting a good weigh in that I gained! I went up +2.6.

I was frustrated and planed out my week planning for my b-day. My leader told me to keep thinking of the scale and the weigh-in, so every meal I DID! I was even in the Culvers parking lot calling one of my friends asking what on earth can I eat that is "fast food" ready to have a melt down from Salads. I ended up at Wendy's with a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger w/mayo and all the fixings-baked potato and small chili to put on my tater Total Points 16.5 not shabby for fast food and not to shabby for a cheap fast food meal.

I gave it my all and still a gain. My cloths were fitting better and I got a shirt months ago that I couldn't wear it fit, so what was the deal? I blame STRESS! I did not have a weigh-in this week because we are "in the dark" i am not sure what that means? I have been doing well and loosing according to the sale at work. I am looking forward to the final weigh-in and my be looking at either doing this on my own (with the support of Lacey and friends) or doing it online. It is a very costly (but worth it) experience that I do not really have. So...I need to figure that out. I am de-stressing and now once again getting a cold. I need a break!!!

Brooke

3 comments:

Preciousgem said...

Hi - I am new to WW. I so far have lost 15 pounds. Stress is so bad for weight loss. I have gone through 2 deaths in my family this year. Needless to say it took a toll on my health. Just hang in there things can only get better. We all are allowed to fall at some time. The main thing is that we get up and dust ourselves off and have the right people around us that won't laugh at the fall but offer to help us get up and support us until we can stand alone again. :D

Monica said...

Don't be discouraged! You made it through and are still going forward. Even if you take 2 steps forward adn one step back, you will eventually get to your destination. Also, keep in mind that you may be building muscle which weighs more than the fat. So, if you fit into your clothes better, you may way a bit more THIS week, but be more trim. Soon, the muscle will work for you and burn extra calories.

Brooke and Lacey said...

Preciousgem-Good job on the 15lbs, you go girl. Yes, stress = BAD! I am sorry for your losses, I understand and tragedy is hard, I have also had my share of that in the last few years. Yes, we have to keep dusting the dirt off and having the right people who love us and support us helps, I would have been lost with out my support system. Keep up the good work, keep us posted on your journey!:)Thanks for your encouragement, you are a precious gem!
-Brooke

Monica-THANKS so much, I am moving foward and it helps to know how far I have come. The weight is burning off, stress as Precious Gem says is BAD! :) Thanks for your words!
-Brooke

Post a Comment

Leave us a message and tell us about your weight loss adventure!